Put a Former UCLA Medical School Admissions Committee Member on Your Side!
You probably came to this site
wondering: What should I do to get into medical school?
I can’t tell you how many times I asked myself this while I
was applying. I know how stressful it is to try to make yourself
who will be accepted. In my case, I
just wanted to be accepted to any
After a lot of hard work and some luck, I was able to get into
UCLA, one of the top schools in the country. I was jumping off the
walls when I got that letter!
This site is designed to help you get that acceptance
letter of your dreams.
You might be asking yourself, "Can this guy really help me do
My answer is: Yes! My most important qualification to you is my
experience on the UCLA medical school admissions
committee. Here I learned exactly
what it takes to get into a top school.
I also draw from my own experiences as a UCLA graduate
(accepted as a non-California resident), the experiences of my
colleagues and solid resources to provide you this
I want you to succeed! I did it and you can too!
Here is a basic outline of what you need to
do (and what this site will help you do) to get that
1.Start making yourself a must-have
applicant. Right now!
To do this you'll need to understand exactly what admissions
committees are looking for. You'll also need to understand the
admissions process from start to end. You'll find this little-known information
2. Research and decide on the best schools
You can check out the top 100 schools here. Also visit my list of schools page. I'm adding more
schools all the time! You can also see the things I think are
important in choosing your best schools here.
3. Know, meet and exceed the
You'll find the requirements and my picks to put you ahead of the class here.
4. Develop a strategy for the MCAT.
This monster of a test has a big impact on your competitiveness
as an applicant. Find out how to ace this test here. You'll
also find my reviews of MCAT Prep Courses here.
5. Stand out in the application
Now that you understand what schools are looking for, you also need
to understand how to fill out your application, interview like a pro, and write a stunning
6. Finance your medical education.
People mainly use scholarships and loans, but there are other
options. Find out about these little-known options here.
That should help you get started! As you can see, there's a lot
that goes into getting accepted. That's why I've created my
It's a comprehensive, easy-to-read guide to explain to you
exactly what to do to get accepted, as well as
when and how to do it. Plus, it costs about as much as going to the
movies! Remember, 6
out of every 10 applicants are not accepted anywhere! Money
spent on getting insider information to make you stand out is money
well spent. Click here to check it out!
Also, if you look at the top right corner of this page, you'll
see a form to sign up for my monthly newsletter, Medical
School Insider Monthly. Here you'll get advice about what
you should be doing as an applicant at certain times of the year.
You'll also find tips about succeeding in medical school if you're
already there. Subscribers are also offered special
promotions not available to non-subscribers. So
sign up today!
If you're just wondering about what medical school is all about,
check out the FAQ page. You'll also find my take on Caribbean schools, USMLE, and books I think are useful on this site.
I hope that you find this information useful. The site was built
with the intent to help people who are going down the same path that
I went down. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to
visit the Contact Us page. I'd love to hear from you!
Thank you so much for visiting! Start exploring and best of luck!
-Mike Frazier MD, Former UCLA Medical School Admissions Committee
Disclaimer: This website is not associated with
the Medical School Insider annual event hosted by Kaplan. However, I
would encourage all you premed students to check out the event as it
will give you great insight into the admissions process and getting
into medical school. Click here to see the
- 10 Steps to Accepted- How to Get Into Medical School
- A former UCLA medical school admissions committee member explains how to get into medical school in 10 easy-to-follow steps.
- Succeeding in Medical School
- Mike Frazier, MD explains how to land your top choice residency
- Make Money Selling My eBooks!
- Medical School Insider's affiliate program. Earn 70% on sales you refer!
- Medical Training FAQ
- Answers to commonly asked questions about medical training. How long is medical school? What is the medical school curriculum? What is the medical school match? What subjects are taught? and more!
- List of Medical Schools
- List of medical schools with links to average MCAT, GPA and insider info.
- Best Medical Schools
- Which schools are the best medical schools? The answer might surprise you. Find out how to choose find good medical schools for you along with links to some of the best medical schools.
- Financial Aid for Medical School
- A description of the types of financial aid for medical school. Medical school financial aid can be difficult to understand, but this page breaks it into easy categories. By a current medical student!
- Medical School Admissions - An Insider's Guide
- A former UCLA medical school admissions committee member explains what it takes to get into medical school.
- The Medical School Personal Statement - Insider Tips
- Tips from a former UCLA medical school admissions committee member on how to make your medical school personal statement stand out from the crowd.
- Medical School Interviews - Insider Tips
- Insider tips on acing your medical school interviews by a former UCLA admissions committee member! Find frequent medical school interview questions and tips here!
- MCAT Tips and Prep Course Reviews
- How to succeed on the MCAT from a former UCLA medical school admissions committee member! Links to prep course reviews and other useful information.
- MCAT Prep Course Reviews
- Which is the best MCAT prep course? A former UCLA admissions committee member reviews courses from Kaplan, Princeton Review, ExamKrackers, and Gold Standard.
- Caribbean Medical Schools
- Caribbean medical schools pros and cons, USMLE scores for Caribbean schools, links to medical schools in the Caribbean.
- Mike's Medical School Books
- Medical school books that have helped me choose a school and succeed in school
- Mike's USMLE Prep Tips
- USMLE Prep tips I used to score highly on USMLE Step 1, CS and CK. My advice on USMLE exam books, USMLE World and First Aid USMLE.
- Mike's Medical School Blog
- My lessons learned as a UCLA medical school student and admissions committee member. Helpful tips for getting into medical school and succeeding once there.
- About Me
- A page about me, Mike Frazier, MD, former UCLA medical school admissions committee member.
- Medical School Insider Monthly
- Sign up for my free e-zine and receive my free eBook, The 8 Categories Medical School Admissions Committees Use to Evaluate You (And How to Stand Out in Each!)
- Links to other sites and blogs I think are useful to premed and medical students
- Current Deals to Get You Accepted
- Exclusive Medical School Insider deals for your medical school admissions needs
- Contact Us
- I want to hear your questions and comments!